Thursday 14 April 2011

Evaluation question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?
I have progressed a great amount since September and now know a lot more about creating a short film. Our preliminary task was very simple, using basic techniques compared to my final cut of ‘Caesar’ where I have used more complicated techniques and technologies.
I have learnt the importance of research to help develop my knowledge and understanding of the genre and other aspects such as the best camera angles to use in a thriller, like plenty of close up shots to show emotion and cantered shots to create uncertainty. I also learnt the importance of lighting to create different moods and also shots that are too dark don’t work.
Planning is a skill that I have gained and how important it is to plan each section, so you get a beter understanding of the shot, characters, location etc.
editing was a very big aspect of skills I’ve gained because to create ‘Caesar’ and to make it a god thriller I had to be able to edit to the best of my ability. I learnt a great deal more about  editing whilst I was editing ‘Caesar’. In September I had no idea where to start or how to edit in the slightest, I can now include titles which make the film personal and gives it more film like qualities. I also learnt how to add music to my thriller which helps create suspense, again adding to the quality of the film.
I used a lot if cross dissolving in my thriller, this helped me get the flashbacks that Brutus was having to be clearer to the audience. I used repetition of Brutus slamming the door in Caesars face to show that Brutus never let Caesar in and was always content in shutting him out if his life.

1 comment:

  1. I've assessed 5/7 of your questions and you have responded appropriately and explained genre, how you've used new technologies, outlets and the progress you've made since the beginning of the year very well. Try to get questions 2 and 5 onto your blog by 22nd April.

    Also could you put all of your evaluation under the label G321 Evaluation.

    ReplyDelete